No announcement yet.

Cream of the Crop: Pretty Lights & Barney`s Farm; LSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bugs belong outside grow rooms where they can be part of the solution, as well as a problem, Outdoors growers I know use some bugs (and plants) to control the ones that mess with their cannabis crops... but that doesn't help those of us who grow indoors! Hope you can get them under control, what a PITA!
    Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Ladybugs. Indoors.

• ZigZag
      ZigZag commented
      Editing a comment
      Lady bugs sound fine...they don't bite, leave webs all over, eat your plants and are just pretty cute!

LurkingInTheGrass alltatup Greetings guys & felicitations....I can`t use predator mites and I`ll tell you why in a sec but I looked through the loupe earlier and there were these 2 mites, one was dead, the other barely moving but it didn`t stop him trying to shag the dead one. I was staggered...truly...I never thought there would be such a thing as a necrophiliac spider mite.Amazing. Now, can`t use predators cos once the mites are gone they then eat each other...it`d be like the Roman Colosseum all over again. Couldn`t take the guilt trip.
    Atu...have to say the buds are coming out nicely all things considered and I reckon should be an interesting smoke, hopefully...here`s some I was trimming earlier to a bit of Wanda Jackson...what a talent......will prob have another crack at this next season...

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      @PaganRich!!! You changed your avatar!!! Sir, throw down the gauntlet!! I shall respond!!

Nice nugs there, pal. How many weeks was she at? If you cook them a little and eat them, you'll get high as fk like I did when I ate the leaves during flower. We just don't know the half of the ways she can get us high as fk.

You changed your beloved avatar. I am stunned. But the challenge has been issued. I shall not ignore it.

alltatup I reckon another 2-3 weeks under better conditions but it just wasn`t worth the agro. I am only temp using this pic of a replica made of a 7th century Swedish helmet found in Vendel, Uppland until I settle upon something else. I was beginning to feel a tad `stuck` on that image and Spring is coming, I`m currently doing my Spring cleaning-a very long and drawn out affair-and even took `some air` in the back garden this morning. Not for long mind you, it was a bit chilly. How about a Preying Mantis Atu for you? I could see you as a Mata Hari, femme fatale type Mantis. Mysterious but deadly. Drawn to the flames of danger and desire. Yeap, that`s the type of picture you`d want. I`ll have a look for you just in case you like my idea

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      PaganRich Great minds think of mantises: I picked a mantis last night. She's more pink and plump than mysterious and deadly, but she'll do for now. I loved your old avatar.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      12 minutes later.... Switched back to Nephila clavipes: it's simply who I am... in the center of my web...

• LurkingInTheGrass
      LurkingInTheGrass commented
      Editing a comment
      I saw the pink mantis

Your avatar suited your user name. I can't even tell what the hell that is.Bring back the original for fucks sake!

Comment

starramus As eloquent as usual starramus That is an ink painting done by brush stroke of a Zen Monk with his back towards us reflecting the adage `Be of this World but apart from it ` referring to the Perfection of Wisdom Sutra which says `Form is Emptiness, Emptiness is Form `. Also, I haven`t a clue where that last avatar came from. It was based on a Crow Death mask I believe but it was time for a change though this monk is only temporary but I will alter it in honour of your request

Comment

I prefer the ink painting by the Zen monk over this avatar.

All of existence is from nothingness. We three dimensional creatures are sourced from a dimensionless plane. So there is some science in your religio/ philosophical banter mate.

Nothingness uber alles!
        Last edited by starramus; 01-08-2019, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          There you go mate, changed it for you

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          PaganRich I dig that PaganCrow, Your Black Beakiness.

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          alltatup He has a certain detached cynical indifference which I liked 😀

The frothing quantum vacuum even has dimensionality. A virtual particle has momentarily a Planck length, and the most finite duration. Time itself is a construct, and just another dimension. Religion brings out that feeling of awe, but I do not want to experience awe. I only want knowing. I guess the Zen monks wanted the same thing, but they lacked the internet!

Comment

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, as they say in the pub trade...best avoid chats on politics or religion as it usually ends up in arguments but I would advocate you look at the concept of Emptiness from a Buddhist perspective if reality or the appearance of reality interests you. You might find it interesting

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          I once fasted for over a week taking in only water. At the end of the fast I with my whole being ate one apple. I concentrated on that moment, and found it to be almost as ecstatic as the birth of a universe. Experienced as unparalleled orgasmic delight I was overwhelmed with sensual pleasure! I think I was just really fuckin hungry!

I'll check it out mate. I check everything out.

Last edited by starramus; 01-08-2019, 12:50 PM. Reason: https://youtu.be/E-MjsOJlFXo

• LurkingInTheGrass
          Editing a comment
          @starramus

I have a similar experience - not as drastic as yours

I have been (mostly) Keto for a year (intermittent fasting, good fats, protein, very little carbs)
          for the first 3 months - I was bang on (less than 23 grams of carbs a day)

I don't remember the meal, but it had 1 slice of tomato
          after 3 months of no sugars, it was an experience. I sort of did the same, just zoned in on the tomato, ate it, enjoyed it, relished it with every fibre of my being
          I still remember it, quite vividly

LurkingInTheGrass_ I tried the Ket too_ my doc said it might help my seizures but I couldn't stick with it for more than that. So hard to plan meals, made me feel bloated, tried all the supplements...Then I had some carbs and ate 100 gas of carbs at once and that was that. Now I eat a modified one_ still more good fats and protein than carbs and carbs only just before or after exercise. Can't really tell if it helps though cuz I have the seizures only 1-2 a year. Have lost about 20 lbs though!
        Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
        liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
          Editing a comment
          @ZigZag

when you started keto (or ketoish) - did anybody tell you about Magnesium and Potassium

very important vitamins (electrolytes)
          I take supplements of both - makes a huge difference (cramps - get the wildest leg/foot cramps when I forget magnesium)

• ZigZag
          ZigZag commented
          Editing a comment
          lurking....Hey, I love your comment about Ravens dropping seeds and stuff on crosswalks.... They love to do that around here too. I wondered why there were all these mussel shells laying around in the parking lot at the boat launch until I watched two ravens pick them out of the muck, then fly over and drop them from a few hundred feet up. Then they'd go sit on a light pole and wait. Then had lunch once someone cracked the shells for them!
          And yeah_ thanks for the info on the Magnesium and potassium_ ie: Ket diet_ take it every day_ also calcium_ it helps metabolize the others. Funny how we are not that different from or plants!

• LurkingInTheGrass
          Editing a comment
          ZigZag
          LOL - I thought something similar when I was writing it (how similar to our plants)

hadn't heard of calcium - thank you (something to look into)

PaganRich "He has a certain detached cynical indifference which I liked 😀" I couldn't have said it better myself. However, I was wrong to call you PaganCrow: Now I will call you RavenPagan, Your Hirsuteness.

Click image for larger version  Name:	raven crow.jpg Views:	1 Size:	164.0 KB ID:	282900
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

alltatup I appreciate the concern and clarification. The Old Gods respect that.............................................. .

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
            Editing a comment
            Huginn and Muninn appreciate that you know the difference

they are Odin's ravens, Idea (??, I think) and Memory

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            LurkingInTheGrass Correct mate-Thought and Memory...I have rooks living on my house and it`s nice to hear them chatting away in the morning. Ravens are more up North to me, prob sticking to the old Danelaw lands but I like my rooks, they`re mellow just loud but most of them are teenages so you have to expect that kinda thing

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            And we have marvellous crows here in the dirty south.Back in TX we had grackels: I loved their mating dance, they were adorable birds. The crows are HUGE, and they have so many different things they say.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X